Thursday, June 25, 2009

BLOOM SEASON ....the most wonderful season of all!

Hudson Valley x Freewheelin
For the last few weeks I've been too busy gardening to blog about the experience! Now the blooms have arrived! Like an overly proud grandparent, I want to share my daylily 'babies' with anyone who shows the faintest hint of interest. There's just too much beauty and joy to keep to one's self. The photo above is one of the seedlings that bloomed it's 'maiden' bloom yesterday. I've created a new Picasa album for showcasing this year's crop. Check out the photo link at the top right titled '2009 Seedlings - Lilies of the Field' for more recent 'additions'. We love garden visitors.....sharing lightens our 'sensory overload'! If you are near enough.....come on over....if not, check the photo link for a 'virtual tour'.

5 comments:

Avis said...

What an amazing collection of stunning lilies! How many different types do you grow?

Bangchik and Kakdah said...

You have so many different kind of lilies... we only have two, white and pink, and even that we treasure them so much...

Wonderful lilies indeed.

~ bangchik

considerthelilies said...

We grow around 1,000 different daylilies that are registered and named plants. The photos shown in my recent album '2009 seedlings' are new ones that have come from my hybridizing efforts .....growing them from seeds.

Randy said...

Oh my heavens! I thought we were doing good with our 70+ Around 1000? Oh my! There is nothing more gorgeous than a daylily.--Randy

Lola said...

I love your lilies. Some I've never heard of & of course the work you do is great.
I only have a few but have added a couple the last couple yrs. I really like them.
Do you sell any?