Saturday, June 11, 2011

This seedling grabbed our attention at first sight/light this morning. It is a much anticipated first bloom from a cross of two of my favorite seedlings .....both will be registered later this year.

The cross is {(Lemon Berry Frost x Clarification) x (Grace From Above x Cherokee Pass)}. This offspring has perfect form, clear color, a pleasing height, good branches, acceptable bud count, and it is an early morning opener....something I always look for in a new bloom.





Below is another standout this morning.....love the form and this range of color is my top favorite. Notice how saturated and symmetrical the sepals are....one of my pet peeves is ugly or inconsistent sepals.


This flower is from a cross of 'LINDA HASSLER' a lovely flower our friend, Don Morris, of the Lily Patch in Burns, TN, registered and named for me last year. LINDA HASSLER is the pod parent and the pollen parent is an, as yet unnamed seedling belonging to Don.












No comments: